Affordable Carpet Cleaning
brighton & Hove
This Privacy Notice aims to provide you with information on how we collect and process your personal data.
When you use our services, you share information with us and we wish to advise how we collect, use and with whom we share the information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data.
Information collected by us
If you have contacted us directly or indirectly through a third party, we may have obtained your email address, telephone number, postal address and company details. We may have also obtained information about your business, customers and commercial activities.
In addition, our servers, and other technologies automatically retain information. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law requires us to do so.
How we use your personal information
We use your information in several different ways.
Category of personal data
- Send you messages by email or occasionally by text
- Provide goods or customer service and support
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
How do we use your information?
- Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement eg in order to send your goods, provide our service.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of our company in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way eg to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information eg when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold on to your information for as long as you are a client or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Control over your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights available to you for free. In summary, those include rights to:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider
- Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Request the deletion of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format
- Object to processing of your personal data
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
Email or call us providing
- Enough information for us to identify you;
- Proof of your identity and address
- Advise the information to which your request relates
We will always try to respond to a legitimate request within 28 days.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
For further information, please contact us. (See our contact page for full details).
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are not required for you to browse our web site. You can delete cookies if you wish.